Pre-owned Cartier Watches
Cartier Watches - The Heart of Luxury
- The Cartier watch company was founded in Paris in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier.
- Cartier is now a member of the Richemont Group, a conglomerate of luxury brands, which includes other prestigious watchmakers like Jaeger-LeCoultre and IWC.
- Cartier watches are worn by many famous figures, including British Royals Her Majesty The Queen Consort and The Princess of Wales.
- The Cartier Santos watch, first created in 1904, was designed for aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, making it one of the earliest wristwatches for men.
- The Cartier Tank watch, introduced in 1917, is one of the most iconic and recognisable watch designs in the world.
- The Cartier Crash watch, introduced in 1967, has a distinctive and irregular case shape that resembles a melted watch, much revered as one of the most unique and avant-garde designs in watchmaking.
- The Cartier Pasha de Cartier collection, first launched in 1985, is known for its distinctive round case with a prominent screw-down crown cap.
- The Cartier Ballon Bleu watch, new in 2007, features a distinctive round, pebble-like case and a blue sapphire cabochon crown.
- The Cartier Cle de Cartier collection, introduced in 2015, features a key-shaped crown and a sleek, minimalist design.
- The Cartier Drive de Cartier collection, a 2016 addition to the range features a cushion-shaped case designed for men who appreciate the finer details of watchmaking.
- Cartier's commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail is reflected in their watches' fine finishing, including guilloché patterns, enamel work, and hand-engraved dials.
- With the brand known for its expertise in jewellery as well as watchmaking, Cartier watches are often adorned with diamonds and other precious gemstones.
- Cartier's watchmaking expertise extends to complications such as chronographs, moonphases, and dual time zones.
- Many Cartier watches are also water-resistant, offering functionality and durability for everyday wear.
- Cartier additionally has a selection of skeletonised watches that showcase the intricate movements and craftsmanship within the watch, offering a unique and artistic perspective.
- One example, a 1927 "Grand Complication Skeleton Pocket Watch" featuring skeletonised movement and various high complications, including a perpetual calendar and minute repeater, was sold for $2.8m USD in 2014 by Sothebys in Geneva.
- Cartier have designed many highly valuable limited edition watches. Examples include the Crash Maillon Panthère with a unique Maillon Panthère bracelet design and the Cartier Santos-Dumont Skeleton Noctambule with a striking luminous design, making the watch glow in the dark.
- Several other watch brands have drawn inspiration from Cartier's iconic watches, recognising the enduring influence on the world of watch design.
Cartier Watches & Jewellery In London
Cartier jewellery, renowned for its exquisite craftsmanship has captured the hearts of jewellery enthusiasts for over a century.
Is A Pre-Owned Cartier Watch A Good Investment For 2024?
Beyond its aesthetic appeal, a pre-owned Cartier watch represents a smart investment in both fashion and horology.