Pre-owned Tudor Watches
TUDOR - 'Born To Dare'
- TUDOR is a Swiss luxury watch brand established in 1926 by Hans Wilsdorf, the same founder of Rolex.
- TUDOR watches are known for their combination of quality, style, and affordability, often referred to as the "younger sibling" of Rolex.
- The brand's name, "TUDOR," is inspired by the Tudor period of England, symbolising a rich heritage and tradition.
- TUDOR watches are renowned for their robustness and durability, making them suitable for adventurers and professionals alike.
- TUDOR introduced the "Snowflake" hands in the 1960s, which have become an iconic design feature for many of their models.
- The TUDOR Submariner is a classic diver's watch, with early models sharing design elements with Rolex Submariners.
- The TUDOR Heritage Black Bay collection pays homage to vintage dive watches while incorporating modern technology and aesthetics.
- TUDOR watches are often used by military organisations and diving professionals due to their reliability and performance.
- In 2015, TUDOR introduced its first in-house movement, the MT5621, featuring a generous power reserve and high precision.
- The TUDOR Pelagos is a popular model known for its titanium case, helium escape valve, and exceptional water resistance.
- TUDOR's "Big Crown" models from the 1950s were designed for pilots and featured large winding crowns for easy operation while wearing gloves.
- The brand's partnership with the French Navy in the 1950s led to the creation of the TUDOR "Marine Nationale" Submariner.
- TUDOR watches often incorporate vibrant colors, unique dials, and distinct bezel designs to distinguish their models.
- TUDOR participated in the historic scientific expedition, North Greenland Expedition, in 1952, testing the watches' durability in extreme conditions.
- TUDOR's "Born to Dare" campaign reflects the brand's spirit of pushing boundaries and taking on challenges.
- TUDOR's North Flag collection features models equipped with the brand's first chronometer-certified movement, the MT5621.
- The brand is recognised for its attention to detail, including the meticulous finishing of its movements and cases.
- TUDOR's Heritage Advisor model pays homage to the brand's history of producing alarm watches with a modern twist.
- TUDOR watches are often appreciated by collectors for their value retention and strong resale market.
- In recent years, TUDOR has gained popularity and recognition as a standalone brand, distinct from its Rolex association, while maintaining its commitment to quality and innovation.
Stand The Test Of Time with TUDOR Watches
Among the TUDOR range, The TUDOR Submariner, TUDOR Black Bay, and the TUDOR Heritage selections perhaps feature the most iconic designs and are firm favourites amongst our collector clientele.