Pre-owned Panerai Watches
Panerai - Italian Luxury Watches
- Panerai was founded in 1860 in Florence, Italy by Giovanni Panerai.
- Panerai is famous for its historical connection with the Italian Royal Navy, particularly for producing watches and instruments for military use.
- Panerai is credited with inventing the luminous substance called "Radiomir," which gave their watches excellent visibility in low light conditions.
- Two of the most iconic Panerai watch collections are named after the luminous materials used in their dials - Radiomir and Luminor.
- The signature crown-protecting device on Panerai watches is called the "crown guard" and is a distinctive feature of their designs.
- Panerai watches are known for their large case sizes, typically ranging from 42mm to 47mm and sometimes even larger.
- Many early Panerai watches used hand-wound movements, which is a nod to their vintage military watches.
- Panerai has also introduced automatic movements in their watches, offering a variety of in-house and third-party calibers.
- Panerai has a "Submersible" collection designed for diving, known for its robustness and water resistance.
- Panerai frequently releases limited edition watches, often with unique materials or design elements.
- Panerai uses innovative materials like Carbotech (a composite carbon fiber material) and BMG-Tech (Bulk Metallic Glass) in some of their watch cases.
- Panerai watches have appeared in several movies, most notably in the "Transporter" film series.
- Since 1997, Panerai has been part of the Richemont Group, a luxury goods conglomerate that owns several other prestigious brands.
- Panerai has collaborated with artists, including Shepard Fairey, to create unique watch designs.
- Panerai has a global network of boutiques and authorized dealers where you can purchase their watches.
- Panerai produced a rare and large diving watch in the 1950s called the "L'Egiziano," which was made for the Egyptian Navy.
- Many Panerai watches feature GMT complications, allowing the wearer to track multiple time zones.
- Panerai's "sandwich dial" design is a distinctive feature, where the luminescent markers are cut out, providing excellent visibility.
- Panerai has developed its own in-house movements, such as the P.3000 and P.9000 series.
- Panerai has a strong commitment to preserving its heritage and tradition while innovating in the world of luxury watchmaking.