Pre-owned Chanel Jewellery
Chanel - The spirit of elegance & style
- Chanel is a French luxury fashion led brand founded by Coco Chanel in 1910.
- The brand's iconic logo, interlocking Cs, was designed by Coco Chanel herself and is one of the most recognisable symbols in the fashion world.
- The brand's first flagship store is located at 31 Rue Cambon in Paris, where Coco Chanel opened her boutique in 1910.
- Coco Chanel's influence on fashion is celebrated in the book "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" by Karen Karbo.
- Chanel offers a wide range of jewellery, including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings.
- Chanel has a signature style that blends classic elements with a modern and trendy edge in its jewellery.
- Many pieces of Chanel jewellery incorporate the brand's iconic logo, often as a pendant or charm.
- Coco Chanel's love for costume jewellery influenced her to create elegant and affordable pieces for everyday wear.
- Most Chanel jewellery is designed in 18ct white gold, with a smaller selection available in 18ct gold or platinum.
- Inspired by celestial themes, the "Comète" selection is one of Chanel's most famous jewellery collections.
- The "Bijoux de Diamants" collection, introduced in 1932, was the first and only fine jewellery collection designed by Coco Chanel herself.
- The "Coco Crush" Chanel jewellery collection features quilted patterns inspired by their iconic leather goods.
- Coco Chanel was particularly fond of pearls. She often wore multiple strands of pearls, both long and short, as well as pearl necklaces. Her love for pearls is reflected in many of her designs.
- The Camellia flower, one of Coco Chanel's favourite flowers, is often featured in Chanel jewellery.
- Stars were another motif Coco Chanel used in her jewellery. She often wore star-shaped brooches and accessories.
- The lion was a symbol that Chanel also embraced throughout her life, and inspired her jewellery designs. She was a Leo, and she believed that the lion represented her astrological spirit.
- Many Chanel jewellery pieces are created by the brand's own ateliers to maintain quality and authenticity.
- Chanel's high jewellery pieces, many of which include diamonds, often feature one-of-a-kind designs.
- Other high jewellery pieces are created in limited quantities making them highly desirable.